Controversies and Umar Akmal have an equal force to attract each other. The cricket star has always been in controversies throughout his career one way or the other. Recently, following the corruption charges, Pakistan Cricket Board has imposed a 3 year ban on Umar Akmal.
Umar has been abstained from playing any sort of local and international matches. Earlier Umar was banned from playing PSL matches moments before the inception of the league.
Here is his timeline for all the controversies he has been the part of:
- 2010 – Umar faked an injury to give his brother Kamran a chance back in the team.
- 2012 – Despite abstained by umpire, Our Star changed gloves & was fined.
- 2014 – He quarreled with a traffic police officer when he was rash driving and was given ticket.
- 2015 – Umar Likes to party.
- 2016 – He was banned for 1 match for violating dress code.
- 2016 – Again he was a part of some nasty things in a theater.
- 2017 – Accused Mickey Arthur for abusing him in front of Inzamam
- 2020 – Can’t pass fitness, wear your clothes off & ask “Where is the fat???”, Our legend did this.
- 2020 – Banned from PSL.
- 2020 – Banned for 3 years.
Cricket fans reaction to the ban of Umar Akmal:
Cricket fans love Umar Akmal, be his classy shots or his ultra-entertaining controversies, the guy is an entertainer and the social media loves him.
Following the news of his ban by PCB, social media got flooded with memes mocking the batsman.
Corruption, fixing & Pakistan cricket:
As a Pakistan cricket fan, you are not listening to these words for the very first time. We have seen some of the legendry players like Wasim Akram being accused of corruption.
Also, we have seen Muhammad Amir, Muhammad Asif & Salman Butt bite the dust in the most famous spot fixing scandal.
Recently Wahab Riaz was also accused of ball tampering by Jason Roy in the recently concluded Pakistan Super League 5.
Over time, many cricketers and fans have urged the PCB to work with the Imran Khan government and make cricket corruption free.
What they can do in order to do so, is make fixing a criminal offence to stop our players and our favorite sport from getting blamed.
What are your takes on PCB’s decision to ban Umar Akmal from all formats of the game? Let us know in the comments section.
You can also share your thoughts and play cricket games in Salam Planet, which is a #1 social media app for modern Muslim & Pakistanis.